Friday, December 25, 2009

A Very Merry Champagne Christmas



This year I did not get to go home for Christmas. I was actually suppose to be in Spain but that trip was also canceled (due to an unnamed flakey travel companion.) Guess it just wasn't meant to be. (Spain is being rescheduled)
Home for me is the east coast. The place where Christmas is cold and usually there is snow on the ground. This is what I expect on Christmas morning, however Los Angeles does not provide. But rather than pout that I am not with my family on this day I am chosing to focus on what I can be thankful for. (Well aside from not having to battle the travelers desperate to join their families, some of whom are stranded in airports due to snowy weather...)
Waking up Christmas morning with someone I care about, making a fabulous champagne brunch and opening all the presents under the tree :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment